Sunday, May 7: Ice Cream Ride
- One of our most popular events! Bring the whole family for an easy, casual ride around town!
- When the ride is done, stay and enjoy ice cream with us!
- Meet at Kline’s Dairy Bar on E. Wolfe St. at 2:00 PM
Wednesday, May 10: Bike to School Day
- Join kids all over America and ride your bike to school today!
- Parents: join together with your neighbors and friends to form bike trains—adults in the front and back, and kids ride in the middle—a fun and healthy way to get to school!
- Contact Matt Hassman at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Wednesday, May 17: Ride of Silence
- The Ride of Silence will begin in North America and roll across the globe, beginning at 7:00 PM in every time zone. Cyclists will take to the roads in a silent procession to honor cyclists who have been killed or injured while cycling on public roadways.
- Although cyclists have a legal right to share the road with motorists, the motoring public often isn’t aware of these rights, and sometimes not aware of the cyclists themselves.
- Harrisonburg’s Ride of Silence begins and ends at the University Commons on the EMU campus.
Friday, May 19: Bike to Work Day
- Join people all over the country and ride your bike to work today! While you’re at it, organize a team of riders from your workplace and participate in a little friendly competition.
- SVBC will be hosting a free breakfast on Court Square, served from 7:00 till 10:00 am for all riders.
- Stop by on your way to work and join us for coffee and pastries, and some friendly conversation with fellow riders!
Saturday, May 20: Confident City Cycling Class
- Join us for “Confident City Cycling,” a class that gives bike riders the confidence they need to ride safely and legally in traffic and on the trail. This class is combination of parking lot drills and on-road practice.
- The class will be taught at the Community Activities Center at Westover Park from 9 AM till 1 PM.
- Click here for more information.
Saturday, May 20: Evening Glowstick Ride on the Bluestone Trail
- Join us for a night ride on the Bluestone Trail! There will be activities and games starting at 7:30 pm. The ride will begin when it gets dark, around 8:15.
- There will be games and bike safety checks organized by Bluestone Bike & Run.
- You are encouraged to decorate your bike with glowsticks and lights! Some glowsticks will be available.
- Meet at the parking lot next to Kids’ Castle at Purcell Park.
- For more info, click here or here.
Sunday, May 21: Sunday Funday Ride
- A monthly ride in collaboration with the SVBC, Sentara RMH, and Bluestone Bike & Run.
- We will start at 3 PM at Bluestone Bike & Run, 1570 South Main Street, Harrisonburg 22801, with bike and helmet checks, head over to the trail and let everyone loose! Ride the trail once or 10 times…it’s up to you!
- After the ride, we’ll meet back at the shop for refreshments and to warm up.
- Parents are encouraged to ride with their children.
Friday, May 26: Bike, Run, Sweat and Beers
- Head over to Brothers Craft Brewing (formerly 3 Brothers) on N. Main St. this evening for the third annual edition of this casual, 10-mile ride around the city!
- The ride starts around 5:30, but you’ll want to arrive early to get registered …
- … because all registered riders 21 and older receive a $1 discount on an after-ride beer!