The Shenandoah Mountain Bike Festival originated in 1997 and has since become a highlight of Virginia’s fall cycling scene. The Festival is the largest fundraiser for the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC) — the funds from the Festival help SVBC achieve our goals of promoting, educating and increasing cycling awareness in the Shenandoah Valley.
New Belgium Beer: our main sponsor this year!
The trail and road riding around Stokesville and in the George Washington National Forest are beautiful and very challenging. When you ride from the Festival location expect plenty of gravel roads, county paved roads, Forest Service fire roads, endless single track trail riding and big old fashion mountains.
During the Festival weekend there is plenty of time to experience the great riding in the area and the opportunity to camp and meet fellow cyclists. An important component of the Festival is giving back to the trails of the National Forest. The two trail work sessions over the weekend have become the largest volunteer trail work projects in the North River Ranger District. The trail work sessions are a great opportunity for those wishing to learn about trail maintenance and wanting to give back to the trails we all use.
There are also plenty of fun activities for everyone around the campground including a playground for kids, bonfires, and miles of gravel roads for folks who want to ride bikes but don’t want to go mountain biking. We hope you will join us for the great riding, trail care, friendships and fall foliage.
The showing of the prior year-in-pictures has become an annual Festival tradition. Check out the 2012 Festival slide show here!
- Weekend of riding, trail work, eating and hanging out
- Group rides starting Friday afternoon through Sunday
- All proceeds will benefit the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition
- Stokesville, VA is in the heart of the George Washington National Forest 25 miles southwest of Harrisonburg, Virginia
- All riders are welcome…there is plenty of room for camping
- This is an all volunteer event so you should plan on volunteering. Check out the available volunteer slots and email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your favorite.
More info contact Jason Burch at email@example.com.
How to Register
- Pre-Register Online:
- Pre-Register by Mail:
- Download both forms: registration and release
- Print and fill out the forms
- Make checks payable to SVBC
- Mail to SVBC-Festival PO Box 1014 Harrisonburg, VA 22803
- Register on Site at The Festival
- Pre-registration must be RECEIVED by October 1st!! Save Money!
- There will be NO REFUNDS but the money will go to a good cause – The trails you love and ride.
- Kids 12-16 years of age 1/2 price, Under 12 free
- Single Day Fee: $20(pre)/$30(on-site)
- Includes rides, lunch snacks, dinner, no camping (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday)
- Two Day Fee: $40(pre)/$55(on-site)
- Includes rides, one dinner, lunch snacks, one breakfast, one night camping (Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday)
- Weekend Fee: $55(pre)/$75(on-site)
- Includes two dinners, two breakfasts, lunch snacks, all rides, two nights of camping, and whole lot of fun (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN IN AT THE CAMPGROUND EVEN IF YOU ARE PRE-REGISTERED!!
- There is plenty of camping available for those registered
- Good well water
- Bathrooms available
- Primitive Shower available and a great river bath!!
- The campground will be open from 1pm Friday-6pm Sunday
From I-81 take exit 240. Follow Rt. 257 to Bridgewater. Take a left on Rt. 42 south, cross the bridge leaving Bridgewater and turn right onto Rt. 727. Follow to T and turn left staying on 727. Follow to stop sign, turn left onto Rt. 730, and follow to Stokesville. After passing the Stokesville Store take your next left on left on Rt. 718 and cross over the Iron Bridge. The Stokesville Campground is immediately on your right.
Come to the Festival ready to sell or buy new and used cycling and outdoor gear! The gear swap/sale is a great opportunity to sell items or pick up great deals, knowing that you are also helping raise money for SVBC. Help spread the word to your friends and bring some extra cash and products. Details.