Sunday, May 1: Ice Cream Ride #1
- One of our most popular events! Bring the whole family for an easy, casual ride around town!
- When the ride is done, stay and enjoy ice cream with us!
- Meet at Kline’s Dairy Bar on E. Wolfe St. at 2:00 PM
Wednesday, May 4: Bike to School Day
- Join kids all over America and ride your bike to school today!
- Parents: join together with your neighbors and friends to form bike trains—adults in the front and back, and kids ride in the middle—a fun and healthy way to get to school!
- Thomas Harrison Middle School will host Bike to School Day and have prizes and activities when kids arrive on bikes!
- Want your school to have an event? Grab a few interested parents and call Becky at (540) 810-2005 for support and resources on how to get started.
Saturday, May 7 and Saturday, May 14: Harrisonburg by Bike Classes
- Join us for Harrisonburg by Bike, a class that gives bike riders the confidence they need to ride safely and legally in traffic and on the trail. This class is combination of parking lot drills and on-road practice.
- Students of all skill levels are welcome and will find the course beneficial. Ages 14 & up (Ages 14-17 must be accompanied by an adult taking the course). A bicycle in good working order and a bicycle helmet are required.
Saturday, May 7: Bluestone Bike & Run, 1570 S Main Street.
Saturday, May 14: Location TBA; sponsored by MHB
For more information on these and other classes, clickhere.
Saturday, May 14: Novice Ride
- Are you just getting (back) into biking, and still feel a little uncomfortable riding in traffic? Then this ride is just for you!
- Meet us at the Friendly City Food Co-op on East Wolfe St. at 6 PM.
- We will ride around town for about five miles at a casual pace; nobody will be left behind!
- For more info, call Jana Walters at 540-820-2902 or send her an email. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, May 15: Sunday Funday Ride
- A monthly ride in collaboration with the SVBC, Sentara RMH, and Bluestone Bike & Run.
- We will start at 3 PM at Bluestone Bike & Run, 1570 South Main Street, Harrisonburg 22801, with bike and helmet checks, head over to the trail and let everyone loose! Ride the trail once or 10 times…it’s up to you!
- After the ride, we’ll meet back at the shop for refreshments and to warm up.
- Parents are encouraged to ride with their children.
Wednesday, May 18: Ride of Silence
- The Ride of Silence will begin in North America and roll across the globe, beginning at 7:00 PM in every time zone. Cyclists will take to the roads in a silent procession to honor cyclists who have been killed or injured while cycling on public roadways.
- Although cyclists have a legal right to share the road with motorists, the motoring public often isn’t aware of these rights, and sometimes not aware of the cyclists themselves.
- Harrisonburg’s Ride of Silence begins and ends at the University Commons on the EMU campus.
Friday, May 20: Bike to Work Day
- Join people all over the country and ride your bike to work today! While you’re at it, organize a team of riders from your workplace and participate in a little friendly competition.
- SVBC will be hosting a free breakfast on Court Square, served from 7:00 till 10:00 am for all riders.
- Stop by on your way to work and join us for coffee and pastries, and some friendly conversation with fellow riders!
Saturday, May 21: Tour & Taste
- Three distances to choose from: 15 miles, 25 miles or 50 miles.
- All proceed from this ride benefit the Valley Aids Network.
- Rides leave from Pale Fire Brewing in Harrisonburg.
- More information here; go here to register.
Saturday, May 21: Evening Glowstick Ride on the Bluestone Trail
- Join us for a night ride on the Bluestone Trail! There will be activities and games starting at 7:30 pm. The ride will begin when it gets dark, around 8:15.
- There will be games and bike safety checks organized by Bluestone Bike & Run.
- You are encouraged to decorate your bike with glowsticks and lights! Some glowsticks will be available.
- Meet at the parking lot next to Kids’ Castle at Purcell Park.
Friday, May 27: Bike, Run, Sweat and Beers
- Head over to Brothers Craft Brewing (formerly 3 Brothers) on N. Main St. this evening for the third annual edition of this casual, 10-mile ride around the city!
- The ride starts around 5:30, but you’ll want to arrive early to get registered …
- … because all registered riders 21 and older receive a $1 discount on an after-ride beer!
Sunday, May 29: Ice Cream Ride #2
- Join us as we say goodbye to Bike Month 2016 with another Ice Cream Ride!
- We’ll meet again in the parking lot next to Kline’s on E. Wolfe St. at 2:00 pm, and take a nice, casual ride around town.
- Bring your helmet and bring your kids! (And if you’re under 18, bring a parent or guardian!)
- Did I mention that there will be ice cream at the end?